/

Thursday, February 27, 2014

Miniature Cake Bunting

I have been down for the count over the past two weeks. It seems as though a stomach virus had decided to rip through our home and take it's sweet time working it's way through each and every one of us.....

Literally.

With that being said, my physical condition hasn't left me really wanting to bake, cook, eat, be awake or blog anything I have done. But since I am feeling slightly human, I though it was time to start getting back into the swing of things.

I was a lucky girl this past Christmas and the hubby got me a Silhouette Cameo. I have been eyeing one of these for as long as I can remember and finally found a reason to get one. I purchased mine through Amazon, they have a bundle pack which includes a lot of great tools to get started You can find out more information about the one I purchased here ----> Silhouette Cameo Starter Kit Bundle Cutter

I haven't really had a chance to break it out and use it as much as I dreamed I would, but for this I had an opportunity to use it to cut out some teeny, tiny letters I made for a cake bunting.  I adore miniature cake buntings and make them as much as I can, they just have the ability to make a plain cake pop out a little more and are and easy way to personalize a cake with a little extra style.



It was my first "real" time using the silhouette so I am pretty limited on what I know how to do, but I am so looking forward to learning more about the program. I know that it will be perfect in helping me save time in regards to a lot of the hand cutting I do.

The cake was a lat minute request from an old friend, so I  made this to help celebrate her daughter's Sweet Sixteen! The pom poms on top are made of fondant, those were also a first, so they could be better. Thank goodness for next times, which always leave room for growth and improvement!


Hope you enjoyed this post! Til' next time :)

(Items used to create this project  are available through Amazon.com (commission earned for sales) 





Image Map