/

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Maple Bacon Pancake Bites

We eat a lot of "mini" meals here in our household. We also eat a lot of meals on sticks, you know "kabob" style.

Some of these idea were born of need,  because the moment I figure out what my kids like, they also decide they don't want it any more. And some are created simply because my kids think it's fun for me to take ordinary ideas and make them special just for them. so I try to be creative with ordinary food...like these frozen yogurt bunny bites.

This is one of the many meals on sticks that I make for my kids and my little tabbers loves to call them her "birfday cakes"


I don't make these everyday because I'm creative, not crazy. This week my eldest in on spring break so we are home ALL day and trying to keep occupied. We also have a little more time to make cute, yet sticky messy meals like this one.


They are easy enough to make and I use my Perfect Pancake recipe to make the little pancakes. You can find that recipe {{HERE}}. I measure out about a 1/2 tbsp-1 tbsp of mixture to keep them small and bite sized. I also use maple bacon, because it works so well with pancakes, although I'm not thrilled that the house STILL smells like maple bacon hours after it's been consumed.

I bake my bacon in the ovens so it cooks all flat and even. I am not one of those people, like my brother in law that know how to cook bacon in a pan. Try as I might it always cooks unevenly and it's  just not as good. So I lay my bacon on a foil lined (easy cleanup) baking sheet and bake at 350 for 10 min or so flipping it once.


Once bacon is cooked fold it accordion style so that it can be sandwiched in between the little pancakes. Once pancakes are all golden and perfect slide them on your skewer sticks, serve with some maple syrup and fresh fruit if you have it serve and enjoy!


I hope enjoyed this post! If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below!






Image Map