/

Sunday, March 3, 2013

Leprechaun Gold {{Free Printable}}

My older daughter is in pre-school, so every holiday she looks forward to the themed parties hosted in her class, which also means sweets and treats for all the kiddos.

As ironic as it is, I'm not crazy of abut all of the candy she takes home from these parties and usually it goes in the garbage as soon as she gets home. I "try" to not give straight up candy to my kids and I'm not a fan of giving  it at all to the other kids and so I do my best to come up with less "sugary" options.

I made {{THESE}} for Valentine's day and although many cereals do have quite a bit of sugar, I'm a little more open to my kids eating it then just sugary candy type of candy. And I know that makes absolutely no sense anywhere in the universe except in my mind, but I'm running with it!

So I created this for St. Patrick's Day.


I filled each favor bag with Corn Pops cereal, but you could use anything that is yellow. Cereal just is the more cost effective way to fill  it! And the corn pops reminded me of little gold nuggets. This is the favor tag close up...


It read's....

In tales of new & tales of old...
There is nothing as lucky
as Leprechaun gold!

And YES! If you must know I am the genius mind behind that fun little limerick, well my hubs added in his two cents as well.! The other end of the favor tag shows two little leprechaun legs sticking out of a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow-you know, where all the gold is!


The back simply states Happy St. Patrick's Day and has a space to write in the To: and From:.


These print out four per each sheet of 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of paper and can be printed out on standard printing paper. All you need to do is print them out cut them and attach them. 


Each tag measures in total 3.75 x 4, (front 2 inches/back 2 inches after folded) I used Cello bags to attach them to, which can be purchased at most local crafts stores.


All and all a fun treat to celebrate the awesomeness that is St. Patrick's Day!

Leprechaun Gold Printable Favor tags can be printed out from {{HERE}}

Hope you enjoyed this post! If you have any questions please feel free to leave a comment below!



Image Map