/

Monday, September 24, 2012

Whipped Cream "Mummy" Cups Halloween Treats

I like when things are fun, yet easy...... don't you????

And when I say easy, I mean super easy. Again, who doesn't right???

With the upcoming Halloween season and all it's fun, flair and such, this holiday in particular offers so many opportunities for many easy AND fun treats.




These were ridiculously easy to make, can be created into a million and one (well maybe NOT that many) different things and are in one word....

Yummy!

This is what you will need....
  • 2 oz. Plastic Shooter cups ( I found mine in the dollar store) 
  • Black permanent marker OR a paint marker
  • Heavy cream
  • Vanilla extract
  • Your choice of sweetener
  • Sprinkles if you like (But who doesn't like sprinkles???)
I used a black sharpie marker to draw on the faces, but I think that a paint type of marker pen might even work better. All that was involved was a few squiggly lines, some circles for eyes, and a zig zag line for the mouth, so even if you don't have a lot of artistic ability, this is STILL a fun little treat that anyone can do.



You can even doodle a less menacing Mummy.....and make him almost friendly :)


With the faces drawn, get started on your whipped cream. I make my own whipped cream, because it's really easy and I love the taste, as do my kids. But if necessary you can always buy a can of ready made whipped cream and squirt it into the cups. You can really use anything, pudding, ice cream...I don't think I need to list anymore, because you get the idea.

To make whipped cream, just pour heavy cream into a bowl, add some vanilla extract and some sweetener. I don't measure anything, I just do it by taste. So test it and if it tastes good, whip it up. I use a hand mixer, but you can whip it up by hand as well....so easy.


To fill the cups, I just transferred the whipped cream into a piping bag, if you don't have one of those handy, just use a plastic baggie and cut the corner off. When filling the cups swirl the whipped cream into the cup, so it gets a bit of dimension as it is layered.


Easy right!!!!


At first I just left them plain, because I don't know any mummy's with colored hair or anything. But then I retracted that though, because I don't know any Mummy's period......


So I took my artistic license and added a drop of color with sprinkles, because sprinkles makes little treats like this more appealing and fun.


These super easy treats, were actually spawned from another idea......


Which were made similar to the Mummy's with the exception that I used tinted green pudding as the base. Her hair is whipped cream tinted black....but this is what my youngest looked like after she ate one.....


As I started out I mentioned I like easy and fun but NEAT is in my top ten of preferences as well...so we went with the nice clean Mummy with orange sprinkles and they were just as satisfied!!


As you can see the possibilities are endless with these. With a little imagination, food coloring  whipped cream and/or pudding you can create anything from the Bride of Frankenstein to zombies, Dracula, ghosts to Mummy's!

A simple easy treat that can dress up at any type of Halloween party or serve just because!

Hope you enjoyed this post! If you have any question, please feel free to comment below!!!



Lil\'Luna

Cast Party Wednesday

Image Map