/

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Best of Mighty Delighty

I can't even begin to explain how hot and pregnant I am right now :) But on a better note I have approximately 83 days till' I get to hold my lil' man in my arms.



I can't wait.

My nesting instinct has kicked in full force, to the point of where I'm exhausted and useless the following day. In the past few days I completely cleaned out and organized my kitchen and put the remaining pieces of the baking and decorating portion of Mighty Delighty in a series or storage bins.

It was a so bitter sweet.

I'm a firm believer that in order to receive new experiences into this life, you must physically make room for them in your life. All to often I have found myself so cluttered physically in the moment, unable to see anything in front of me.


There are so many plans, dreams and strong emotions tied into the baking/decorating business portion of Mighty Delighty, which I knew in my heart of hearts I had to let go of for a brief moment in time. In order to be able to focus fully and completely at the wonderful little miracle of a child that is due to enter into this world this October.


All the above coupled with a nasty case of pregnancy induced Carpal Tunnel Syndrome has certainly pushed me into putting my "other" aspirations to sleep for a bit. I have one final and last themed party to do this upcoming weekend, which is for my daughter's 2nd Birthday.


Being that I'm a bit tied up with my daughter's birthday, I thought that I would share the five top posts of this past year blogging. Hopefully some of my older posts will be something new for you to peek at!

The absolute #1 post has to be these..."How to Make Monster High Cupcakes" With over 30,000 views, it's is also my most favorite, because it was the very first time I ventured into the world of Royal Icing and the possibilities that surround it, in regards as using it a decorating medium.



#2 Not far behind is..."How to make Ice Cream Cone Cake Pops" these pushed me out of my comfort zone of "round" cake pops and forced me to think a little more in regards to the construction of these, since they are made as a lolly pops of sorts.




#3 Is a recipe for what I believe (and so do the many converts) to be the BEST Vanilla frosting EVERS .."Fantabulous Vanilla Frosting" I challenge anyone to make it and become a believer as well! It's a butter cream recipe with a few extra elements that kick it up quite a few rungs of the flavor ladder.


#4 -Is my Snow White Princess Party Cupcake and Cookies I made for My Daughters 3rd birthday. This also has other free themed printables made specifically for the party which you can view {HERE}.


#5 Was also one of my more fun projects and the start of a new addiction creating with Royal icing transfers. I made these Monster High Themed Cookies for my niece's 9th Birthday. And if you didn't already know, MH is HUGE with little girls right now!


There are so many more amazing and fun posts I did through out this past year. But I'll save them for another day, as there is quite a bit to look at here.

By the way...I miss decorating :(

Hope you enjoyed this post! If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below!