/

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

It's my Bloggy(versary)!!!

It's been a year (well, in all honesty the 29th will be a year) since my very first post. I started this blog as a way for me to rediscover myself as something more than a stay at home Mother and to find a creative outlet in order to document my adventures in baking, decorating and creating. 

Along the way I  discovered a passion I never knew existed within me,  started a business and met some amazing people with many of the same interests as me.

I had so many plans for this upcoming year, for my business, for this site.....but those plans went along the ways of this old expression.

"Make plans and God Laughs"


Timmy Jr.
That is the long and the short of it, as about 6 months ago I found out that I was preggers with my third child, which changed EVERYTHING....in awesome, amazing, miraculous way.

So here I am one year later, hanging up my apron, not permanently but until my pregnancy is over as I discover all the many other branches that have sprouted from my creativity tree along this journey.And as we approach yet another celebration of freedom for this upcoming 4th of July I thought I would share this little dessert with you!

I first saw a version of this via pinterest.....and from the first look I was hooked and HAD to make them.The original fabulous version can be found on the site Banner Boutique (as well as the full instructions on how to make them) although I did make a few small changes and served them as a dessert for father's day.

But I saw the potential in how versatile they could be a decided to dress them up a bit for the 4th of July.



These are super de duper easy to make. The original recipe calls for simple sugar cookie dough (Pillsbury), which can be bought pre-made and found in the refrigerated aisle in most grocery stores. To make the cups you will need a mini cupcake/muffin pan.

I made a few changes starting with making my own cookie dough. I used LilaLoa's End All Chocolate Cookie dough recipe, which is hands down the BEST chocolate cookie I have ever eaten. You can find the recipe {HERE}.


You just roll out a ball a little less than an inch and and press the dough into the cupcake slots, molding it to the pan and bake for about 6 minutes

For the filling I also used a fruit dip which is made simple by mixing together.....


  • 7 ounces of marshmallow fluff and 
  • 8 ounces softened cream cheese 
  • 1 tsp. of Vanilla extract or whatever flavoring you choose
  • End result is ......Fabulous!



Fill a plastic baggie or decorating bag with filling  snip off the end and pipe into the cups. The rims of the chocolate sugar cookie cups are dipped in a bit of white chocolate (because let's be honest... cookies just taste better with chocolate) and sprinkled on some red and blue sanding sugar. To finish them off I added in some fresh raspberries and blueberries and a sprinkling of sanding sugar to kick up the whole patriotic red, white and blue color theme.


I found the stars and striped miniature cupcake wrappers at my local grocery store, but you could use simple red, white or blue miniature wrappers if you can't find 4th of July themed ones.


Simple, easy, bite sized and fantastically delicious ! I'm thinking there is no better way to sweeten up your fourth of July celebration!!

Hope you enjoyed this post! If you have any questions, please feel free to leave a comment below!