/

Friday, June 15, 2012

Easy Father's Day gift under $5.00

Father's day is a tough "gift" day, in that my hubbers has about everything he ever wanted and he certainly doesn't need anything. So shopping around for holidays, birthdays and special ocassions becomes somewhat of a challenge.

There  have been more than a few moments when I had to downright tell him to NOT to buy himself anything, because I knew a birthday or something was coming up.

I wasn't going to post anything else this week, but then I ran across this awesome tidbit through Pinterest and an idea was formed. It's a solution you can prepare at home with a few everyday items, which is supposed to help take off a layer of skin from your feet.



So I I decided to incorporate it into a little gift with a coupon attached for a home spa foot treatment and  foot massage.

Basically this is what you would need...

  • Listerine
  • Shaving Cream
  • Lotion
  • I also included a nail brush...for effect :)
All these items can be bought at a drug store or grocery store in the trial size/travel section for less than $.99 cents each. I think the total was a little over $4.00 with tax. 

I wrapped it, which you can do in any way you please and attached a coupon to it with yellow ribbon.

I love coming up with my own gift ideas and this version that includes a coupon isn't far off from many of the gifts I gave my own father growing up.


No, I didn't give my father foot rubs...his coupons were more in the realm of mow lawn, keep my room clean, do the dishes...blah, blah, blah :)

You can make this too, just print out the coupon {HERE} and put together your own fun, extra foot massage kit!


*******I need to let you know that I tried the idea I found on Pinterest and it DID NOT work...his feet just smelled like Listerine and were wrinkly. So just go with a good foot massage and some nice smelling lotions :)

 It was also designed to match the Free Father's Day Printable Party Pack, shown below, which if interested can be printed from  {HERE} and {HERE}.




I don't think you will get any complaints about this...more likely requests for more coupons.

Hope you enjoyed this! If you have any question, please feel free to leave a comment below!





Image Map