/

Monday, May 7, 2012

Snow White Princess Party!

I like making stuff.

I always have and I assume that I always will.

I know that if I wanted I could probably go and pay someone to do all the stuff I want them too, but honestly I'm all sorts of thrifty mixed up with a stubborn determination to do things myself and have enough faith  that with a little trial and error, I can do it myself; do it cheaper and exactly the way I want it
(No control issues here or ridiculously long run on sentences)  :)

Which brings me to what I have been putting together as of late.


My daughter turned three a few weeks ago and my hubbers and I decided that since she's entering that oh so lovely "Princess" stage we could have a Princess party themed for her. Snow White is a character she knows and love, we decided that she would be the princess that the rest of the party would be inspired from.
My hubbers always matches his hat to the kids party theme <3

Everything turned out great and for a few hours on a Sunday afternoon we had a ton of little girls running around our backyard all dressed up as their favorite princess. I've never really focused on a themed party, except for the old school way of matching cake and banners. But I thought this would be a good opportunity to give it a go and this is what I came up with.

This was her invitation that I designed. Her dress was designed to match the dress my daughter would be wearing for the party.  I whited out the address part as well as my phone number....so just imagine that it's there.

Here's another view....


You can download and edit the invite {HERE} for free; for your own use or from the printables tab. Just keep in mind that you need Page Plus from Serif to use the blank invite, you can download that free program {Here}. 

Any problems setting the invite up,please just contact me and I'll do my best to help you out :) I wanted to go with a more stylized version of snow white and not the usual Disney version.

***Since I originally posted this, some people have emailed me, letting  me know they aren't too savvy with new programs, so I added in this version. Just download it and print it out.
***I've created a NEW updated version of this party pack that includes, invitations, bunting, water bottle labels and cupcake wrappers you can find them all {{HERE}}


It's a fill in the blank type of invite, just print it out and fill it out :) I put two on the page so that you get more out of a sheet of paper. You can download it from {HERE} or from the printables tab.

To print the invitations I used regular old card stock that gave the invitation a bit of weight. The actual size of the invite is 5x7.



And I mailed them in plain white envelopes.



I purchased them both at my local craft store and with a 50% off coupon I got both for about $7.50. The bonus is that I have enough card stock and envelopes left over, which will msot likely cover the Thank you's (coming soon) or my other daughters 2nd Birthday in July! 

I also created custom mailing labels...Not the greatest pic. but you get the idea.


I used these Avery address labels to print these on. They are #5160 and measure 1x2 5/8. I think they even make a clear printing version which would also look great. These can also be downloaded from {Here} and edited for your own use for free....same thing goes though you need the program I mentioned above to use them.

Onto the party....There are so many things I wanted to create for the party, but more often than not reality sets in and I have to realize there is only so much I can do with the time I do have available.  I need to also consider that sometimes Mother Nature has "other" plans for weather that I need to anticipate in the future. The first thing I started to create were the goodies that would go along with the Snow White I had made for the invitations.

So I made these toppers for cupcakes, these can be made well in advance of the actual party....


Here is what they looked like on the cupcake stand...


I also made cookies...some with Snow White. These are made with Royal Icing transfers and can also be made in advance of the party. I have a tutorial to make them, that can be found {{HERE}}.



And some with just pink designs with the number three.


This was my favorite out of these...I wanted to create something similar to the Gingham cookies I saw on Glorious Treats Site, but settled for my quickie version. Her's are about 1000 times better, so if you have the time look at hers.


I used a chocolate sugar cookie recipe, I found on the site LilaLoa...and when I say they are the best chocolate cookie recipe..I mean it. I try a lot of  recipes that "say" they are the best, but most fail to meet my expectations. This one DOES NOT..seriously try it, try it, try it :)

For the rest of the goodies I tried to stay  with the color theme which was red and pink. For drinks I used Fruit punch (red) flavored little Hugs (Quarter Waters as we called them as kids.)


I added on some Happy Birthday labels, which you can also download and edit for your own use from {HERE}. You can use these on anything really, but I just slapped them on the drinks, because that's all the time I had left.  I also made a larger version, but ran out of time and never used them for anything. Bigger labels can also be printed out from {HERE}. They are also Avery Labels 8163 and measure 2x4.



I used colored striped straws like these....to serve the drinks. They were purchased from a shop in Esty called Cupcake Social...They sell the cutest stuff, check them out! And will do there best to try and customize your order, they sent me only pink and red straws since that is the color scheme I needed!.


I also made cake pops...


If you notice in the picture above, the stands are made with images of Disney princess's. Snow White, Cinderella and Ariel. My hubbers custom made them for the party. They are the only Disney images I agreed too...lol :) In the middle are dipped marshmallow pops...yum.


I also made brownies, drizzled with pink and white chocolate and covered in pink, red and white sprinkles.


And set out assorted bowls of candy.


And last but not least we had to have a princess cake...This was one of those, it's 1am and here is your cake type's of thingy's. I just wanted it done at this point.



This is the dress my daughter wore...


She's not so good at the stay still, look at the camera and smile bit, but you get the idea! I purchase this dress on Esty.com the shop that I purchased the dress from can be found {HERE}

I wanted to do a nice backdrop behind the dessert table, but like I wrote earlier; Mother Nature had other plans for the weather and it was too windy for anything like that.

Here's a pic. of  Daddy and his little princess's, enjoying the goodies! Our  fairy tale family!


Hope you enjoyed this post! If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me or just leave a comment below!!






Tip Junkie handmade projects