/

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Happy Birthday Sunflowers

Yes, I made more Sunflowers, I never really ever get bored by them. The occasion was for a friend of mine that I haven't seen in close to forever. So it was an honor and a pleasure to make them for her. When I was trying to come up with a design idea for a cupcake for her birthday...

Sunflowers just came to mind......

Most likely because when I think about her, it seems as though she embodies many of the same traits that I associate with Sunflowers. Open, friendly, warm with a sunny disposition....


They looked so pretty all lined up..


I made a chocolate flavored cupcake and the frosting is vanilla. I added a bit of black sanding sugar to the middle for some added texture. I also added in a bit of yellow sanding sugar to the petals, for a little extra sparkle. I would have added something of a more iridescent nature, but all I had on hand was the sanding sugar...next time though! The lil' ladybug that is sitting so pretty on all the cupcakes, was made with royal icing!

Happy Birthday Nicole...hope you enjoyed the cupcakes!


No comments :