/

Thursday, August 18, 2011

Good Old Chocolate and Vanilla!!

I am a visual food junkie and can be drawn into devouring something purely by it's appearance. I have been living sugar free for the past few months, so I have had to reserve every ounce of self discipline not to gobble up most of my creations. But everyone has their breaking point and I folded like a stack of cards in a hot summer breeze with these.....It was the good old simplicity of chocolate cupcakes, vanilla frosting with of course, pink sprinkles that got me.

Chocolate cupcakes with vanilla frosting and pink sprinkles

I added a white coloring to the frosting to give it a really bright white look. I learned about using white tint after reading a "10 Keys to Cookie Decorating Success" post over at Sweetopia. In the post she writes about tinting royal icing with white and the subtle difference it makes. I was using frosting and not royal icing, but I thought I would give it a whirl anyways....and my goodness what a difference!!!!

Chocolate cupcakes Vanilla frosting pink sprinkles

The delicious swirl on top was created using a 1M tip. The end result made them appear as though they had Carvel vanilla soft serve ice-cream on the top of each one.....have I mentioned how much I love that as well.

Chocolate cupcakes Vanilla frosting with pink sprinkles

The cupcake was absolutely delicious and well worth the side track, but after each morsel was devoured and every finger licked clean, I made a quick decision to jump back onto the no-sugar wagon. I think I'll be able to stay there as long as I don't make these again anytime soon!

Enjoy!!





You may also enjoy......

Sunflower Cupcakes
Darth Vader Cupcakes
 Hello Kitty Cupcakes
Monster High Cupcakes
             

No comments :