/

Sunday, July 17, 2011

Hula Girl Cupcakes

As I mentioned in my previous post, my younger daughter will be celebrating her first birthday this upcoming week. And to honor this milestone....we're having a luau; a birthday Luau. So on my many list of things to do is a side note to come up with some sweets ideas for dessert, besides her cake.

It's hot here in NY, so I need to keep in mind how soft, mushy and really annoying icing and frosting is to work with and keep set in the heat. So I am trying to come up with ideas of other ways to decorate. In my travels I came across a cool picture of a silhouetted hula girl dancing herself away on top of a cupcake. ( You can see the original version here at  Hey Cupcake.)

None the less this is my first go....

 Not the best picture quality, so my apologies to you, but you get the idea. All in all I think cutting her out is way too much work for a lot of cupcakes, so I may try to go for something a bit simpler, like a pineapple or palm tree...or maybe even both. So till I start experimenting again.........


No comments :