/

Sunday, July 31, 2011

Darth Cupcakes

Star Wars is sort of a big deal in my house. Well, I believe it's a big deal in a lot of people homes. Almost everyone I know can identify with one character or another on some level. But I digress, a friend had asked me to make these for her nephew, who happens to be a big, big, BIG fan of Star Wars.

I can never turn down a kid with a love of Star Wars, so I came up with these Cupcakes for his birthday...


They were super difficult to do, in that he is ummmmm, all black. So at the very least it was a challenge of sorts to figure out how to make an accurate representation of him, in other shades besides black.


It's a standard yellow cupcake with dark chocolate frosting, dusted in black sanding sugar....think deep dark space, stars, warp speed, battles between good and evil :)



On the top of each cupcake is a sugar topper that I made using royal icing. I think overall they came out pretty good, given more time I believe I could have made them even better...but I'm sure I'll get another shot at them, being that my own nephew is a HUGE fan as well!

So who is YOUR favorite character...please feel free to share!! And may the force be with you on this hot summer Sunday!!!

6 comments :

Anonymous said...

You did a great job on these. They are awesome looking.

plepoma@aol.com

Mighty Morgan said...

Thank you!!! The Birthday boy loved them too :)

Joanna said...

These are awesome, my son would LOVE these!!!!

Mighty Morgan said...

Thank you Joanna!

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful...my son would love these!!! He loves DarthVader.

Mighty Morgan said...

Thank you....not my greatest work, but it was a start ;)