/

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Minature Flower Communion Cupcakes


My niece was making her first communion this year, so I was asked by my sister to make some cupcakes for the party. I so wished I had taken better pictures.

Note to self: Take better flippin pictures!

Now with that out of the way let me tell you about these delish little delights. First I had made three flavors; the standard fare of chocolate and vanilla, but for a little pop I added in red velvet. For the icing I kept it a standard vanilla frosting across the board, I have found that often times kids don't like anything more than chocolate and vanilla, when it comes to both cupcake flavor and/or frosting.

I had actually discovered with this type of flowery design when I was making the feathers for the big bird miniature cupcakes for my daughters birthday. I'm not really sure if its a "technique" with a name, but all the miniature cupcakes were decorated with it, giving it a look much like a miniature flowery bouquet.

I alternated between a plain white frosting and a soft pink. The larger cupcakes were adorned with a larger soft pink swirl, sprinkled with iridescent white pearls. As always everyone loves cupcakes, even the older folks were munching down on them and of course they were delicious!





No comments :